Location: US -- Pittsburgh, PAJob Level:
User Interface Designer
User Interface, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Graphic Design
Daedalus is an award-winning and growing leader in the fields of research, design, and engineering. We help clients understand market and user needs, create innovative solutions, and design and engineer products and interfaces for manufacture and launch. Although the firm has its deepest experience in products for healthcare, safety, and science, we also regularly engage in consumer product development. High quality customer service and great product outcomes are our most important values, and we pride ourselves on long term relationships with numerous global corporations. Located steps from two leading universities, Daedalus shares its expertise through undergraduate and graduate courses, public lectures, and professional training services. This creates a stimulating and productive environment of teaching, learning, and practice.
You have the opportunity to join a highly effective and diverse product development team comprised of researchers, designers, and engineers. Daedalus takes on challenging product development problems and works closely with our clients and collaborators, creating holistic product experiences that improve the quality of life. Although the firm is well-established, we continue to grow and innovate our services, giving all of us the opportunity to help shape the firm's future.
Successful candidates will work closely and collaboratively with Daedalus, researchers, designers and engineers as well as clients. Primary responsibilities will be creating and executing the visual design of our interfaces and working with software engineering teams (both internal and clients) to ensure that they implement these designs at a high level of quality. This includes delivering mockups, specs and production-ready assets as well as being involved in usability testing.
- Experience designing great user experiences for desktop, mobile, embedded, and kiosk software.
- Good understanding of the asset production requirements for different platforms and ability to deliver them.
- A well resolved grasp of typography and layout.
- Deep understanding of interactive design concepts and their application.
- Ability and desire to design and render iconography systems.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to execute projects from initial design to support of the engineering effort.
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in possibly wildly different domains.
- Excellent communication (written, conversational, presentational) skills.
- Expert proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to articulate interactive concepts using Keynote, Motion, , Flash, HTML/JS/CSS, etc.
- Ability and desire to achieve great results on tight deadlines.
- Must have experience receiving, integrating and taking initiative based on colleagues' and/or client critiques.
Applications are welcomed from job candidates with the qualifications described. Daedalus does not pay employment agency fees, nor does it accept or review candidate materials submitted by agencies.
- Immediate availability is desirable
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and capability
- The position is open to US citizens, permanent residents, or those with authorization to work in the US.
- Please apply and follow up through the link below. Include message in body describing the primary reasons you are a fit for this position. Include resume, portfolio, and any other relevant materials via link or .pdf, Word or .ppt attachment. Digital applications only; mailed or delivered materials will not be reviewed or returned.