Location US -- Pittsburgh, PAJob Level
Industrial Design, Project and Team Management, Customer Relations Management
Beneficial, but not required
- 5 to 10 years experience
- Bachelor or Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Design
- Interdisciplinary team experience
- Project team management experience
- Able to understand big picture and client business issues
- Excellence and speed in digital tablet, paper, and white board visualization
- An eye and hand for leading edge and emotionally compelling design
- Passionate about the end user experience
- Strong product component configuration skills
- Strong manufacturing and/or green design knowledge
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks or Pro-Engineer) and Adobe Suite
- Great written and oral communications skills
- Ability to consistently earn and maintain the trust of clients and collaborators
- Able to bring vitality to group innovation process
- Comfortable with large corporate and startup clients
- Will naturally help others and seek help from others
- Driven to achieve great results throughout the development process
Applications are welcomed from job candidates with the qualifications described above.
- Well versed in Microsoft Project
- Able to estimate and track budgets on large scale projects
- Mockup and quick prototype skills
- Interface design and digital asset creation experience
- International experience
- Ethnographic research training and experience
- Ability to visualize research results
The position is open to US citizens, permanent residents, or those with authorization to work in the US. Please apply and follow up through the link at right. Include message in body describing the primary reasons you are a fit for this position. Include resume and portfolio via link or .pdf, Word or .ppt attachment. Digital applications only; mailed or delivered materials will not be reviewed or returned.
Daedalus creates human-centered and high-performance products and interfaces. Although Daedalus primarily serves US and international clients in healthcare, safety, scientific, and industrial markets, the firm has also researched, designed, and engineered products and software in the consumer, educational, and service markets. Excellent client service and breakthrough outcomes for their customers are Daedalus hallmarks, as are long term relationships with leading corporations, top universities, and dynamic startup incubators. In addition to project work, Daedalus shares its expertise and insight through teaching, conference speaking, professional training, board service, and community activities. As an example of the firm’s community activities, each year Daedalus sponsors Design Lives Here, providing financial assistance and personnel to this STEM initiative of the Pittsburgh area public schools and the television station WQED.
Daedalus does not pay employment agency fees, nor does it accept or review candidate materials submitted by agencies.