Location: US -- Pittsburgh, PAJob Level:
Industrial Design, Visualization, Solid Modeling, Collaboration
Daedalus is an award-winning and growing leader in the fields of research, design, and engineering. We help clients understand market and user needs, create innovative solutions, and design and engineer products and interfaces for manufacture and launch. Although the firm has its deepest experience in products for healthcare, safety, and science, we also regularly engage in consumer product development. High quality customer service and great product outcomes are our most important values, and we pride ourselves on long term relationships with numerous global corporations. Located steps from two leading universities, Daedalus shares its expertise through undergraduate and graduate courses, public lectures, and professional training services. This creates a stimulating and productive environment of teaching, learning, and practice.
You have the opportunity to join a highly effective and diverse product development team comprised of researchers, designers, and engineers. Daedalus takes on challenging product development problems and works closely with our clients and collaborators, creating holistic product experiences that improve the quality of life. Although the firm is well-established, we continue to grow and innovate our services, giving all of us the opportunity to help shape the firm's future.
Beneficial, but not required:
- 0 to 5 years work experience
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree (or equivalent capabilities) in Industrial Design
- Excellence and speed in digital tablet, paper, and whiteboard visualization
- An eye and hand for leading edge and emotionally compelling design
- Passionate about the end user experience
- Strong product component configuration skills
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks or Pro-Engineer) and Adobe Suite
- Great written and oral communications skills
- Ability to consistently earn and maintain the trust of clients and collaborators
- Able to bring vitality to group innovation process
- Comfortable with large corporate and startup clients
- Will naturally help others and seek help from others
- Driven to achieve great results throughout the development process
- Mockup and quick prototype skills
- Interface design and digital asset creation experience
- International experience
- Ethnographic research training and experience
- Ability to visualize research results
- Strong manufacturing and/or green design knowledge
- Interdisciplinary team experience
- Project team management experience
- Able to understand big picture and client business issues
Applications are welcomed from job candidates with the qualifications described. Daedalus does not pay employment agency fees, nor does it accept or review candidate materials submitted by agencies.
- Immediate availability is desirable
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and capability
- The position is open to US citizens, permanent residents, or those with authorization to work in the US.
- Please apply and follow up through the link below. Include message in body describing the primary reasons you are a fit for this position. Include resume, portfolio, and any other relevant materials via link or .pdf, Word or .ppt attachment. Digital applications only; mailed or delivered materials will not be reviewed or returned.