Daedalus is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for a position within a team of experienced product development professionals. Designs could be for various industries including: medical, telecommunications, safety, and consumer products. Hardware designs typically involve a mixture of digital and analog circuitry, with a variety of sensors, transducers, signal conditioning, Some travel and off-site work may occasionally be necessary.
Other disciplines at Daedalus include user needs research, industrial design, GUI design, software engineering, and mechanical engineering. Daedalus provides an environment where everyone is a self-starter and works both independently and in a team.
- Lead the research, selection, design, development and modification of digital and analog hardware, systems, and electrical components.
- Lead establishing system design approaches in coordination with other interdisciplinary team members.
- Lead developing approaches to meet performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost, and other requirements for new or improved products.
- Develop project schedules and resource budgets.
- Interact with clients in both formal and informal settings, email, and conference calls.
- Create CAD schematics, PCB layouts, and detailed documentation for new products.
- Select appropriate prototyping methods, procure and assemble prototype circuit boards.
- Conduct testing of existing and prototype product designs to diagnose issues and make routine improvements or modifications to produce desired results.
- Drive outside resources such as PCB prototype houses and contract manufacturers to support overall team goals.
- Above all, make prudent, clever, careful, successful, and decisive design choices.
Applications are welcomed from job candidates with the qualifications described. Daedalus does not pay employment agency fees, nor does it accept or review candidate materials submitted by agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering or related field preferred
- Eight or more years experience in hardware development and design. Mastery of the use of oscilloscopes, DVMs, lab-type power supplies, serial port communications, and data analysis.
- Mastery of at least 1 electronic CAD system, Altium preffered.
- Ability to interpret component and system specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of A/D and D/A Conversion schemes, basic op amp circuits, power management and control schemes is a plus.
- LabView programming experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent hands-on electro-mechanical aptitude and wide-ranging knowledge a variety of electronic systems.
- Previous experience working for a Product Development Firm is a plus.
- Must possess excellent skills in both spoken and written English