Daedalus is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for position within a team of experienced product development professionals. Designs could be for various industries including: medical, telecommunications, safety, and consumer products. Hardware designs typically involve a mixture of digital and analog circuitry, with a variety of sensors, transducers, signal conditioning, Some travel and off-site work may occasionally be necessary.
Other disciplines at Daedalus include user needs research, industrial design, GUI design, software engineering, and mechanical engineering. Daedalus provides an environment where everyone is a self-starter and works both independently and in a team.
- Lead the research, selection, design, development and modification of digital and analog hardware, systems, and electrical components.
- Lead establishing system design approaches in coordination with other interdisciplinary team members.
- Lead developing approaches to meet performance, reliability, manufacturability, cost, and other requirements for new or improved products.
- Develop project schedules and resource budgets.
- Interact with clients in both formal and informal settings, email, and conference calls.
- Create CAD schematics, PCB layouts, and detailed documentation for new products.
- Select appropriate prototyping methods, procure and assemble prototype circuit boards.
- Conduct testing of existing and prototype product designs to diagnose issues and make routine improvements or modifications to produce desired results.
- Drive outside resources such as PCB prototype houses and contract manufacturers to support overall team goals.
- Above all, make prudent, clever, careful, successful, and decisive design choices.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, software engineering or related field preferred
- Eight or more years experience in hardware development and design. Mastery of the use of oscilloscopes, DVMs, lab-type power supplies, serial port communications, and data analysis.
- Mastery of at least 1 electronic CAD system, Altium preffered.
- Ability to interpret component and system specifications and requirements.
- Knowledge of A/D and D/A Conversion schemes, basic op amp circuits, power management and control schemes is a plus.
- LabView programming experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent hands-on electro-mechanical aptitude and wide-ranging knowledge a variety of electronic systems.
- Previous experience working for a Product Development Firm is a plus.
- Must possess excellent skills in both verbal and written English