Location US -- Pittsburgh, PAJob Level
Social media, public relations, sales
Social media and public relations support, research, strategy, writing, posting, monitoring, communications, and collaboration. Sales support including client communication (phone, email, face-to-face), proposal editing and writing support, research, and collaboration.
Daedalus is seeking an entry-level Social Media and Public Relations Associate and Sales Assistant who will flourish in a dynamic environment full of opportunities for mentorship, learning, and personal and professional growth. In addition to working directly with the firm’s leadership, the person in this role will be called on to support or team with others in the office as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Literature, Marketing, Advertising, Business, or a similar competency through a different major or through work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of and experience with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Strong professionalism and work ethic
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Can gather and synthesize information into a cohesive whole and edit it into short, medium, and long formats
- Critical and creative thinking
- Able and willing to drive to visit local clients and collaborators, or, on occasion, to drive or fly out-of-town, sometimes staying overnight for one or more nights
- Except when traveling for business, or taking time off for allowed vacation, holidays, or for occasional necessary personal needs (i.e. sickness), the ability to regularly work at Daedalus facilities 8 hours each day, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours. (Although the firm’s team arrives and leaves earlier or later based on personal preference, project need, or client need, effective firm collaboration requires presence during the core hours of nine to four.)
- Experience with common business software applications
- Photography and video skills including editing
- With coaching, develop the ability to exercise independent aesthetic judgement in image, photo, and video creation, selection and editing that furthers the firm's visual brand; follow established brand guidelines where those guidelines exist
- Experience with graphic, video, and photo editing programs
- Experience with social media management, tracking, measurement, and maximization software tools and methods
In the event that the firm hires a candidate that does not have meet these desirable requirements, meeting these requirements will be an early performance objective
Applications are welcomed from job candidates with the qualifications described above.
- Immediate availability is desirable
- Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience and capability
- The position is open to US citizens, permanent residents, or those with authorization to work in the US.
- Please apply and follow up through the link below. Include message in body describing the primary reasons you are a fit for this position. Include resume, portfolio, and any other relevant materials via link or .pdf, Word or .ppt attachment. Digital applications only; mailed or delivered materials will not be reviewed or returned.
Daedalus creates human-centered and high-performance products and interfaces. Although Daedalus primarily serves US and international clients in healthcare, safety, scientific, and industrial markets, the firm has also researched, designed, and engineered products and software in the consumer, educational, and service markets. Excellent client service and breakthrough outcomes for their customers are Daedalus hallmarks, as are long term relationships with leading corporations, top universities, and dynamic startup incubators. In addition to project work, Daedalus shares its expertise and insight through teaching, conference speaking, professional training, board service, and community activities. As an example of the firm’s community activities, each year Daedalus sponsors Design Lives Here, providing financial assistance and personnel to this STEM initiative of the Pittsburgh area public schools and the television station WQED.
Daedalus does not pay employment agency fees, nor does it accept or review candidate materials submitted by agencies.